Sunday, November 25, 2007

My New Friend - He's Alright..


Most of you know me and know that I love my job and enjoy meeting many new people every year. One of my recent favorites is Ysidro. A couple of months ago, I helped Ysidro and his family sell their home in Chandler and I knew I liked this guy from the minute I met him.. Kind of a "tell it like it is" type of guy. As our transaction progressed and even after closing, I learned a lot about his life and about his family. He is a great dad, very prideful of "his girls" and I really respected that. I also learned that he was once a "crazy paratrooper" amongst other things. About a week after we closed escrow, Ysidro made me a sign that said "NIKLE way." (nee-clay) For some reason, he called me Nikle' and decided to make this for me. When I told him how cool I thought the sign was, he also made (smaller) ones for all 3 of my boys. LUKE lane, COLE cir, WILL way! I now hang my sign in my office and the boys have theirs in their rooms. I am reminded often of this guys personality and generosity and look forward to keeping in touch with him. Just the other day, he called from a tire shop where he was talking to a man that was thinking of buying a home... he immediately gives the guy my number. :-) Of course, I immediately added him to "the club!"
I meet a lot of people in this business.. Some are great.. some, not so great.. but I wouldn't trade my job for anything! Thanks for being a part of it..

No comments: